My Road to Seiko Revisited - Enter the SKX008


















In my Road to Seiko blog from July 2017 I ended up with a Seiko SKX007 and SRPA21 PADI. Since then things have changed.

I acquired the Samurai SRPB51, but have mixed feelings about it. I love the dial, bezel, hands and crown, but am not too enamored with the bracelet. It is quite well made, but is heavy and sweaty in summer. I have tried it with the Seiko Turtle rubber strap which suits it well. But I am still not convinced.















As mentioned in the previous blog, I had a new bracelet for the SKX007 on the way. So I decided to go the whole way and create my ideal SKX.
I call it my SKX008. It is an SKX007 with a SKX009 bezel insert. The bezel is a coin-edge Atlas from Dr Seikostan. I replaced the movement with an NH36 so I now have manual wind and hacking and a signed crown. I also fitted a Strapcode Super Jubilee.
























To me, this is the ideal Seiko dive watch. It is so good that I sold the SRPA21 PADI and the Samurai is also on the market!

I do however have a another build project in the making. More later.

Comments

Popular Posts